Sunday, March 04, 2007

Surprise!

I'm good.

I planned a surprise birthday party for Shannon (today was her 30th) and it went off without a hitch. I can't believe she didn't find out! Here's some of what Mrs. Thumper wrote about it:

… I really thought that I would spend my day napping and caring for 4 sick babies. Jared called from church and asked if I was ready for lunch and told me to dress nice. His parents had agreed to watch the boys so we could at least have lunch. I didn't argue. He ran into the house and gave his dad some quick instructions for the boys and off we went. I had planned on going to Longhorn Steakhouse for lunch. It's my favorite. So you can imagine my surprise when he headed off in the wrong direction. He claimed we had reservations. Being the submissive wife that I am I just sat back a drilled him until he pulled into the church's parking lot. I didn't think anything of it. I assumed he just left something there. The parking lot was somewhat full and again, it only being 12:05, I figured people where just taking their time leaving from morning service. The shock began when he asked me to get out and gingerly said, "Come on. You don't want to be late for your own party."

Yes!!! He had planned for almost a month. I couldn't believe my eyes. I walked into a room full of family, friends, and yes, even a white cake with white icing, my name, and pink icing roses. What started out as an exercise in writing became a wish list and my Genie didn't miss a single wish.

It was actually more like five weeks of planning, but who's counting? After the surprise party I took her shopping for the afternoon. I think she had a pretty good day.

Thanks go to Mom, Dad, Sonya, and Dana, and several others who helped. Thank you for making this special for her!

No comments: