Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Stoned

We have several absorbent stone coasters that we use at home, mostly adorned with KU logos and such. My favorite coaster, the one that I used while playing cards or watching TV, was a particularly nice Jayhawk coaster that was beginning to show some stains. So I followed the instructions from the company and placed my coaster in the dishwasher where it's printing was ruined straightaway. Shannon pulled it out of the dishwasher and commented that the obliterated Jayhawk looked tie-dyed.

Well, I wrote an email to the manufacturers, including a picture of the ruined coaster (sitting on a Bible of course), and asked what my options were.

The company, Stillwater's Waterstone Coasters, wrote back last night to say that they are sending me a package of two replacement coasters, emblazoned with bright crimson and blue Jayhawks, for free! They were very apologetic and generous and I couldn't be more pleased with their response. I'll definitely buy from them again (although I'll be more careful about cleaning them). You can find their products at local Wal-Mart stores and on their website, waterstonecoasters.com.

By the way, if you have any connection to Oklahoma, or know someone that does, this is the place to go. Oklahoma-philia consumes most of their product line. Hmmm… maybe that explains why they were so eager to get rid of a couple of Jayhawk coasters…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner!

Thumper said...

Poor Sooner, [casually moves children back to a safe distance] have you sought help? Do you have fever with those fits? Can I do something to help?

[makes a run for it]

Run kids, RUN!!!