Thursday, May 10, 2007

Random Thoughts 5/10/07

  • Brennan and Tanner brought home flowers for their mother from church last night. They were watering the flowers when Brennan said, "Flowers smell really good… even if they're real."
  • Sorry for not blogging yesterday, but I really can only blog in my spare time. I spend several hours a day studying or writing or doing "office stuff" which often affords me the opportunity to blog for a few minutes here and a few minutes there. I also blog at night while watching the news or before going to bed. But some days are just too busy and stressful to get anything written down.
  • I'm taking the day off today and we're planning to visit my mom, who's recovering from surgery. It's been over a week since we've seen her and we miss her. Shannon will bring her legendary enchiladas and my grandma Jean will be there as well. It looks to be a pleasant day.
  • Michael Yon is the best photo-journalist in Iraq hands down. He releases dispatches on his website which are extremely well written with lots of photographs. His report titled "Gates of Fire" (from August 2005) might be some of the most incredible battlefield journalism I've ever read and is rumored to be the subject of a future Bruce Willis movie project.
  • We're approaching the end of our Wednesday Family Night schedule at church. There's only one month of classes left before we break for six weeks. I finished teaching my course last night – a nine month, verse-by-verse, survey of the Minor Prophets (that's actually more interesting than it sounds). To finish out the month, we'll be watching Nooma videos. If you've not seen a Nooma video, then you won't want to miss this.

No comments: