Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Mac vs. PC, again

Guys, guys, guys! Don't you have something better to do?

Jeff, Dustin is a dyed-in-the-wool Macolyte, he'll never be persuaded otherwise. Macs could be the worst computer ever but he would never admit it.

Dustin, you're at a dead end. Jeff is so anti-Mac, he'll never try one. It wouldn't matter if Macs were 10 times better than Windows machines, he's not going to give them credit for it, especially in front of you–you're too fun to argue with. Let it go, man.

Can't we all just get along?

7 comments:

another71.com said...

Jared, I would say that you're as anti-PC as Dustin...wouldn't you?

I used a Mac on almost a daily basis for 2 years in college when I worked for the Kansas State Collegian as a writer and copy editor.

They were "ok"...not impressed enough to buy one and it certainly didn't inspire psuedo-gadget worship.

Thumper said...

Of course I'm biased. I wouldn't ever use a PC unless I had to.

But if you haven't used a Mac in the last 10 years... especially since the maturation of the UNIX-based OS X...

Well…

Dustin said...

I wouldn't call it psuedo-gadget worship... There's nothing psuedo about it. So like the man said, back up outa my grill, yo!

So... how's the wife and kids?

another71.com said...

Jared - if you're looking for a computer that does great things with media and design, then I would agree that the Mac is the way to go.

However, in the business world, PCs rule and I use Excel all day every day and Macs just don't cut it as business machines. For one thing, accounting and business software are made primarily for PCs.

I saw a stat that 95% of the Fortune 500 use Dell Servers. There's a reason for that, I think.

Just my $.02

jayrod said...

I do believe I'm the only one here that doesn't have a strong bias one way or the other. Use both, like both. It's been a joy reading this, though!

Dustin said...

I'm just surprised Chad hasn't chimed in with some smart-aleck comment yet...

Walker said...

This is like watching Monkey poop fights at the zoo.