Friday, August 08, 2008

Random Thoughts 8/8/08

  • If you like Calvin and Hobbes and you like satire aimed at eccentric computer company CEOs, then you'll like Calvin and Jobs.
  • Our fantasy football league is up and running. I'm drafting second in my league; which is a great position to be in this season. Overall, I love the Autumn; football is great and football fans get so excited this time of year, my birthday is in October, and who doesn't love the smell of burning leaves and a comfy sweatshirts?
  • I was asked: do we want to have a girl with baby number five? Not necessarily. We'd love to have a daughter but that's not why we're having another child. We would very pleased to have a fifth boy and in some ways we'd even prefer it. We're geared up for boys; another boy would fit right in with what we're already doing. Although we'd be excited to finally have a girl, it would be a major shock to the system here at the boys dorm that is the Altic house.
  • Here's a great note about the use of iPods as translation devices by soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's an incredible use of off-the-shelf technology.
  • After a few months off earlier this year, I've resumed my quest to see all of the AFI's Top 100 Movies. When I started in June of last year I'd seen only fifty-five films of the top 100. As of last night, I've watched ninety-six movies from the 1998 list and ninety-two from the 2007 list (114 out of 123 films total). I've also seen 73 out of the 80 Best Picture Oscar winners. A couple more trips to the library and I've done it!

No comments: