Friday, August 29, 2008

Random Thoughts 8/29/08

  • Yet another story of using a Wii for physical therapy. Here, an Army medic who was shot in the shoulder by a sniper, uses the Wii and the game Guitar Hero to regain the use of his arm.
  • Did I mention that Sarah Palin is an excellent pick. Imagine this ticket in 8 years: Sarah Palin - Bobby Jindal! The future looks bright again!
  • Michael Yon is back in Afghanistan, with British forces in the South. Yon is one of our generation's finest combat reporters, make sure you've read his latest dispatches.
  • Nancy Pelosi tries to explain church theology and gets slapped down by Catholic Bishops everywhere. Finally, someone who knows less about their Catholicism than Bill O'Reilly! Not that Pelosi should be confused with a faithful Catholic, she's a pro-abortion, radical San Francisco leftist.
  • I know Kansas won the Orange Bowl last year and that I'll be a KU basketball fan until the day I die. But when I get my daily "Celebrate KU Football Tradition" I get a little embarrassed. I hope they go 8-4 this year, maybe better, but even if they do aren't we still a good 10 years away from any kind of good tradition?
  • This is the 30th anniversary of those little yellow Lego guys. Lego has sold about 4 billion of them since 1978.
  • Chad Johnson, the silly loud-mouth wide receiver from the Bengals, is reportedly legally changing his name to Chad "Ocho Cinco." Now he can wear his nickname (he wears no. 85) on the back of his jersey. What a dork.

No comments: