Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Random Thoughts 8/26/08

  • It's hard to explain why exactly, but I just love fantasy football. We drafted last night and I really enjoyed it, as I always do. But try to explain to your wife how marking football players off a list for two hours is fun and it kind of loses something in the translation.
  • Conservative themed movies usually don't go over too well. It's not as funny to have principles and do the right thing and the easy laughs come from the mockers and scoffers of serious things. I don't know if this movie, An American Carol, will do any better (it probably won't) but we'll see.
  • Dustin gave us this porcelain enameled sign awhile back, which I've hung on my office wall. I love both aviation and history, so these vintage signs are great!
  • I'm busy with meetings every night this week (fantasy football, meeting with church construction company, Bible study, meeting with church architect, etc.) so I won't be watching much of the Democrat convention. I normally watch that sort of thing, but I'll just have to catch the highlights on the news and read all the commentary. Thanks Drudge, et al.
  • Obama's absent Biden bounce? I'm shocked he's not ahead by 10-15 points over McCain. If I was a Dem, I'd be fuming right now.
  • Hey, Hillary was right about at least one thing.
  • Disrespectful thought of the day: I don't understand why Teddy Kennedy is so revered. He's very brave to be facing the illness from which he's suffering but, politically or ideologically speaking, I don't get what's so great about Teddy.

No comments: