Friday, August 15, 2008

Random Thoughts 8/15/08

  • We have 30 teams in our fantasy football league. That includes two Jared's, two Jason's, four Matt's and two Mike's. Formerly, we've had two Jeff's as well as three Mike's. We're funny like that.
  • Today is the 10th Anniversary of the iMac. I bought one of these first iMacs ten years ago this weekend and used it constantly for almost seven years before it was eventually replaced. It's still sitting in my basement, out of commission. I just don't have the heart to toss it out.
  • All of you Harry Potter fans will have to wait awhile longer. The sixth movie, the Half-Blood Prince, has been delayed from this November until July 2009.
  • I'm surprised at how easily I've been sucked into the Olympic fervor. I didn't think I cared but I'm finding myself hanging on every update of the Olympic medal count. C'mon! Beat those cheating Chi-coms!
  • For you Office-junkies, you don't want to miss slap-face. You'll also need to hear about Dwight's new sport, centathlon (which includes murder ball, hamster-hiding, and flapping).
  • Our refrigerator died on us last night. That's bad; everything in the freezer melted/defrosted and we lost some perishable stuff. But Shannon can fix anything and won't rest until her family is taken care of. So while I was at work, she fixed it. She only had to replace the starter relay on the compressor. No big deal.
  • Interesting note on the use of technology in the recent (and perhaps ongoing?) Russia-Georgia conflict from Popular Mechanics. And did you see the video of the Russian soldiers robbing a bank in Georgia. Nice, way to take the moral high ground there, Mr. Putin.
  • I really want to love Star Wars, but that new Clone Wars animated movie looks just awful. Like Phantom Menace bad – almost good but not quite, in a really disappointing way.

No comments: