Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Fantasy Team

Now that I've slept on it (twice), I think this year's fantasy football draft was the most difficult I've ever been in for one reason: Everyone knew exactly what they were doing.

In years past, especially before the internet, owners would make several foolish selections (retirees and players who had been hurt were regularly drafted). But not this year. Our owners drafted the best running backs first, waited on quarterbacks, pushed kickers to the very end of the draft, and generally drafted as a savvy and shrewd group.

I ended up with the following:
Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
Bryan Westbrook, PHI
Larry Johnson, KC
TJ Houshmandzadeh, CIN
Calvin Johnson, DET
Kellen Winslow, CLE
Adam Vinatieri, IND

I have Cutler, Kitna, McGahee and others as backups. These aren't the guys I would have ideally chosen but I think its the best possible team for the draft I was in. The only real choices I felt I had was picking Westbrook over Adrian Peterson and picking Housh over Braylon Edwards (I might regret that one). I also skipped over Vince Young and Ricky Williams multiple times, both of whom fell in our draft.

In the end I was able to secure 10 of my top 60 players overall (6 in my top 45).

2 comments:

another71.com said...

I do an annual league with some college buddies and I took Westbrook #2 overall. It's a point per reception league, so I took him over AP.

With #85 hurt, Housh could be a great producer.

That's a pretty solid team.

jeff

Thumper said...

Same situation, some reasoning. Great minds think alike (and so do ours!).