Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Eager to Listen

On most Wednesdays we have company over to play cards or video games.  Not tonight.  When I get home from church I'll be watching Mayor Giuliani and Governor Palin speak at the RNC. 

I should note that I'm a recent convert to McCain.  He's not my first choice but Obama drove me to him.  I'm learning to appreciate McCain's strong points in light of my other option because the alternative is unthinkable.

In fact, this election more than any other in recent memory seems to be infused with urgency.  Clinton was a rascal but capable and Gore and Kerry were loony liberals but not completely outside the pale.  But Obama is an unfathomable choice.  So unqualified, so inexperienced, who vetted this guy?  I'm genuinely worried that our country could take a grim turn if responsible people aren't in charge.  An Obama presidency would promote abortion (by way of appointing liberal judges) for another generation.  Our enemies in the world would welcome an apologetic, limp-wristed, guilt-ridden American President paralyzed by his own indecisiveness.

What would we be thinking if we elected this guy?

No comments: