Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random Thoughts 9/24/08

  • The RCA Dome has been deflated. The Indianapolis Colts are playing in a new stadium and the old one will be imploded in December. I was in the RCA for the North American Christian Convention in the mid-nineties and thought it was a great facility. But I'm easily impressed.
  • Have you read what it takes to feed my progeny? That's only going to get worse. They descend upon us like a plague of locusts and devour large meals already. Like Shannon pointed out, at Thanksgiving 2018, they'll be 18, 16, 14, 12, and 9 (I was six feet tall at twelve years old).
  • I am a Yoga Master. Just ask my Wii.
  • Friday is Brennan's birthday. How exactly do you celebrate a child you love without creating a monster? When the kids are younger it's less of a problem, but as they get older it becomes a real challenge not to inadvertently teach them narcissism and self-centeredness. Brennan's been planning this birthday since before the last one was over and we're trying to real it in without being unfair to him. It's a delicate balance.
  • I understand that YouTube and Hulu and other video websites are the future of television, but this season several new shows are viewable online a week or more before they air on TV. Isn't this kind of stealing your own thunder? It seems like if you sat down at your computer and watched an hour long show you'd be less inclined to watch spend another hour to watch the same episode again. How are the ratings affected by this? I guess I don't get it. But I bet its handy for people who don't have cable or decent TV but do have a good internet connection.

No comments: