Thursday, September 04, 2008

Random Thoughts 9/4/08

  • Sarah Palin is awesome. She's well-spoken, confident, and accomplished. She reminds me of the mother of my own children (sans moose hunting). I heard a caller on the radio say that as a Dem he feels (wishes?) McCain made a mistake in picking Palin. Really? The group that thinks Palin is a liability is pretty small and shrinking as of this morning. In fact, the impact of Palin's speech is most reminiscent of a certain Illinois state senator at the DNC four years ago…
  • Oklahoma City has a new basketball team, formerly the Seattle Supersonics… and this is the best they could come up with? How do they not come up with something better than that? Are OKC residents cool with that?
  • Speaking of sports teams, the "Uni Watch" article is back this year detailing the uniform changes in football this year. The subject falls somewhere between fashion and heraldry and I'm not sure why but it really intrigues me. I guess I was always a victim of ugly-football-uniform-itus as a player and I'm not a big fan of the uniforms of some of my favorite teams.
  • The NFL begins tonight. Yay! But I may not watch the game because John McCain is speaking tonight at the RNC.
  • Our church website redesign is about to go live tonight or maybe tomorrow. We're not 100% done, but we sure like what it's turning into. (Thanks David T.!)
  • I thought Gov. Palin's speech was fantastic and I appreciated Giuliani and Romney as well, but I thought Fred Thompson's description of John McCain was masterful. [All of these links are youtube videos.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it too late to nominate Thompson or Guliani? McCain is good, but the other two are such great speakers!! Wow!

-Dustin

Anonymous said...

The website will not go live until next week due to the chages that were requested.

Later,
David T.

Anonymous said...

OKC residents are okay with the name. Actually, the local paper ran a 64 team (name) tourney this past spring and Thunder is the name that won by a vote from the people. I'm just excited to have a team name finally. Since July it has just been either the Oklahoma City Team of the team formally known as the Sonics. In 3 years know one will care about the name any more!

another71.com said...

Dustin - Guliani is pro-choice. Thompson...well, I like Thompson. I'm fine with McCain at this point...esp after the Palin pick.

What other options did OKC have? Here are some:

OKC 85CamerosOnBlocks
OKC Mullet (a verb)
OKC RedDirt
OKC EveryHwyisAtollRoad

I guess they settled for Thunder.