Saturday, September 13, 2008

Random Thoughts 9/13/08

  • What kind of military hardware do we leave in Iraq (or sell to them) after we leave there? This article from Popular Mechanics notes billions worth of tanks, light helicopters, Humvees, and even F-16s. Some gear the Iraqis will buy new, some they'll buy refurbished, and other gear and equipment will be hand-me-downs from our troops.
  • This is the definitive version of this dance performance with about a quarter million views on YouTube. Shannon and I got a pretty good chuckle out of it (even though we've seen imitations of this performance before).
  • Charlie bit my finger! Another YouTube classic (from last year).
  • Have you seen the latest Apple commercials?
  • Charles Gibson is a mean, condescending old man.
  • KU lost a football game against a ranked team… and it actually disappointed me a bit. My how times have changed.
  • USC and Ohio St. is not living up to the hype. For two weeks all I've heard is how great this game is going to be. The final score: 35-3 (but it wasn't really that close). If college football is going to win me over, KU is going to have to win a few more Orange Bowls.

1 comment:

Mindy Jo said...

Justin and I have seen both these videos. We had my niece and nephew dancing to the Evolution of Dance...I just love it because I actually have done the majority of these dances at some point! lol!