Monday, December 15, 2008

Random Thoughts 12/15/08

  • It's just three more days until Tanner's 7th birthday and I'm so excited for him. Of all our kids, he's most likely to step aside for others. He'll defer on what show they watch or what game they play and he's so quick to share anything he has. So I'm eager to give Tanner gifts and make a big fuss over him; that sweet boy deserves it.
  • Speaking of presents: I've completed not only my Christmas shopping but also my "Christmas gift distribution and tracking spreadsheet." I did the wrapping this year and instead of to/from labels, I marked each present with a number. The numbers are then entered into my spreadsheet where I can sort by number, recipient's name or type of gift. It's organized and the kids leave the presents alone because they don't which presents belong to which kid.
  • Brennan has begun writing in the Matoran alphabet. That's the language of his toy Bionicles. He wrote his name in Matoran on his Sunday School worksheets this week. The kid is a little different.
  • Great little article here on the Church of Al Gore. Speaking of which, the high temperature today was 9ºF. That's cold. And my new KU beanie doesn't even begin prevent frozen earlobes.
  • Speaking of KU, it's tough to see the Jayhawks lose games largely due to inexperience and youth. But that's okay, they're still an exciting team to watch, especially while the Chiefs and Royals are awful.
  • Bill O'Reilly is quitting radio. His show, the Radio Factor, ends in couple of months so O'Reilly can focus on his TV show. I've never liked his radio show at all, though it's been a top-10 rated show, but it came on after Rush Limbaugh so I often had him bloviating in my office while I work. O'Reilly is much better on television anyway, where he's one my all-time favorite Libertarians, including: John Stossel, Dennis Miller, Thomas Sowell, Penn Jillette and Matt Drudge.

No comments: