Friday, December 05, 2008

Smells Like Trouble

I know exactly where I lost control…

I was helping the little kids learn Christmas songs Wednesday night at church. You can imagine how the kids still don't know the melody or correct key or anything, but perhaps I helped them with the words a little. Well, the kids were pretty restless and I had some trouble keeping them on task. We were midway through Hark the Herald Angels Sing when I noticed that Tanner (my second eldest) wasn't singing but was making faces at his cousin, Kelby, who was sitting with him.

"Tanner, why aren't you singing, son?"

"Kelby keeps farting and it's hurting my nose!"

"…"

I didn't have an answer for any of it. Kelby just shrugged with a big, mischievous smile.

And that's how I lost control of thirty grade school kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief! I can't believe you wrote that! I taught you NOT to say that word!

love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow...it looks like Kelby is taking right after his father!!

~ Chad

alanna said...

I knew at least one of my kids had a part in all the mayhem. And actually, unfortunately, he took after his mother.

Anonymous said...

Alanna you fart when you sing Christmas songs???

Unknown said...

Umm Alanna even if that is true I wouldn't admit it on the internet. Plus I'm starting a petition to ban Christmas singing from this years Christmas celebration at the in laws. We can't have you and Kelby in the same room. That would be cruel and inhumane :)

alanna said...

As long as we don't have any beans, it will be tolerable. But I like singing! But my flatulance and singing don't go hand in hand ;oD.