Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Schwinn

My goal after losing 40+ pounds (January to April) was to buy a bike. I have an easy commute and my older boys are starting to bicycle every day, so it seemed like a good idea. So after four months of saving and waiting (and starving), my bike finally arrived.





The assembly wasn't too difficult, especially with a knowledgeable (and enthusiastic) friend to help. Marc not only helped me assemble the bike but fine tuned the brakes and shifters and adjusted everything that could be adjusted.


And here's the final product, my 700c Schwinn Avenue.


The boys are so happy to ride together up and down our street (on their new bikes, that replaced the stolen ones) and I've traveled back and forth to work a few times now. The workout is great but how do you get used to being so saddle sore? I'm thinking of a giant piece of yellow foam and some duct tape. That's what Lance Armstrong would do.

No comments: