Monday, May 24, 2010

Random Thoughts 5/24/10

  • We just finished our home Bible study yesterday, watching the "Truth Project." I have to say that the video series is good but not readily accessible; some of the lessons are downright tough to endure. But all of the information is good and necessary; perhaps the college lecture format just isn't as user friendly as they expected.
  • I've been cycling almost everyday. My standard route this last has been a five mile, 25 minute route down to Wyandotte County Park and back. My iPhone tracks the speed and position via GPS and gives me a report on how I'm doing. The nerd in me loves that!
  • My beautiful wife just found and salvaged (or "picked") a BBQ smoker. You have to check out what she did with it! Now we have a $300-400 smoker for almost nothing.
  • One of my friends from church, Marc C., has been helping me with the whole cycling thing. Perhaps the best part yet was a small mirror he gave me Sunday that clips on to my sunglasses. That little rear view mirror may literally be a life saver, especially when I'm changing lanes on Parallel Pkwy.
  • Our sermon podcast feature is back up on the church website. Now you will be able to search and find sermons and listen to them in multiple ways. We'll be adding archived sermons shortly.
  • We're getting ready for fantasy football again. We're debating going to an auction format for the draft. It's an improvement in most ways over the traditional serpentine style draft, but it is more involved and it is different than what we've been doing. I think it's the way to go but I can see some of our super conservative guys not being interested in changing.

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Did you do that on purpose? When you took a screenshot of your iPhone, it was "4:44"! (For those not aware, 44 is Jared's favorite number, otherwise it wouldn't be noteworthy.)

Dustin said...

Also, I vote that we keep the fantasy draft the same. I like the serpentine style as opposed to the auction style.

Jeff E said...

Auction???

Now yer talking!

Auctions invoke a lot more strategery me thinks.