Friday, May 28, 2010

Random Thoughts 5/28/10

  • I'm sure glad Kansas is so flat because otherwise those hills would've absolutely killed me on my ride this morning. Ugh. I'm enjoying the cycling but it is a lot harder than I had anticipated.
  • I've read the Arizona immigration law. And a lot of people don't have a clue what they're talking about. In my opinion the law tries too hard to be cautious and politically correct.
  • The World Series of Poker (WSOP) starts today. As usual, I'll be rooting for the professionals, as that strengthens the argument that Poker is less a game of chance and more a game of skill. When the more skilled and experienced players win more often, like Phil Ivey's incredible run last year.
  • This is a real-life scramjet. For real. Finally, the materials science caught up the engineering.
  • Former child-actor Gary Coleman died today. Hmmm… that's really sad. I saw an interview with him recently, he seemed like a nice guy whose parents robbed him blind and set him up for a seriously difficult life.

No comments: