Friday, May 07, 2010

Random Thoughts 5/7/10

  • JaMarcus Russell was cut yesterday. The Raiders will have paid him $39 million to be the biggest draft bust in history. Once again: I… Told… You… So.
  • I still can't believe someone stole our kids' bikes Wednesday night.
  • So how is the recruiting going for next year's basketball season (the signing period ends May 19)? Here's the rankings from Rivals.com which has their #1 recruit (Josh Selby) going to Kansas but ranks the recruiting class at #23 overall. KU missed out on PF Terrence Jones, who announced last week that he'd stay in Washington state. Personally, I'd like to see them add another forward or center to develop behind the great front line KU already has. This team seems really guard heavy, even after losing Collins and Henry.
  • We had a great deacons' meeting last night. Those are good men, all around, and we had some fantastic discussions. I know I'm biased but I feel like we're blessed with more earnest, spiritually mature and humble men than a church our size deserves.
  • Only 39% of voters would re-elect President Obama if the elections were held today. Welcome to the reality of governing (versus the lollipop and rainbow land of academia and campaigning), Mr. President.
  • I'm really fascinated by Eugene Sledge's book on his WW2 experiences, With the Old Breed. Wow.
  • I don't have an iPad… yet. I'm probably more of a 2nd generation guy. But this website gallery of full size screen shots is kinda perty.

No comments: