Thursday, September 09, 2010

Day Without Mom Survived

The kids and I just barely survived an entire day without Mom here to take care of us.

Shannon made a trip to Joplin to help a friend, leaving at o'dark-thirty, which meant the rest of us were left to fend for ourselves.  Somehow I managed to clean the house, do the dishes (twice), do four hours of homeschooling, feed and entertain everyone and watch an NFL game!  From a Dad's point of view I'd call that a success (I took a head count at bedtime – still had five rugrats).

That said, we're all desperate for Mom to come back home to us.  We need her pretty bad; even if we can survive for 24 hours, I wouldn't want to try it for 48 or more (that would require doing laundry).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you survived! Did you take time to love on those five precious "rugrats"? Laundry? Didn't your mom teach you to do laundry when you were home???

love ya!
Mom