Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Random Thoughts 9/1/10

  • I love it when it thunderstorms at night. Other than the occasional startling peal of thunder, it's so pleasant to hear the rain and gentle rumblings. Not cool is when the power goes out. Over and over again.
  • We went to visit the Overhaul Base at the airport in Kansas City yesterday, where Dad spent most of his 43 years working for TWA and American Airlines. Dad gave a great tour and was a fount of information but it was sad to see the place mostly emptied of equipment and workers. Only one plane (a Boeing 757) remained.
  • I have to admit that I'm doing a lot more reading online and on electronic devices this year than in previous years. In the near future, that option may increasingly become the only choice you have. The iPad and devices like the Kindle are making "dead-tree" media a lot less important.
  • I went on a 7am bike ride yesterday with my friend, David T. The wind killed us on the outbound leg of our ride but the same wind pushed us home in the second half. Thanks for riding, Dave!
  • Maybe Flash on a mobile device isn't such a great idea after all.
  • It seems like the British may be a step ahead on uncovering falsehoods about supposed man-made global warming.
  • My fantasy draft seemed really mediocre. I ended up with a few people that I wanted and several that felt like huge gambles. I'll post more later.

No comments: