Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New iPhone 4

Ooooh, video conferencing! On a cell phone! Great idea!
I upgraded today to an iPhone 4. It worked out real well, as I sold my year-old iPhone 3GS for $255 and bought the new iPhone 4 for only $215 (including tax). That's a $40 profit for upgrading to a new phone with a front-facing camera, gyroscopic sensors, a high-definition retina display, and lots of other little upgrades.

I made my first "Facetime" video call to my brother, Dustin. Surprise, I can see you and you can see me! Now there's no picking your nose while you talk to me. Actually, I put the camera on the television and let Dustin and Alanna watch the last two minutes of the football game on ESPN. How cool is that?

Hopefully they don't call every Monday night.


We put my old phone on Craigslist and had dozens of responses in the first hour. We made a deal with the person making the best offer and made our way to get my new phone at the Apple Store. With new phone in hand, I erased the old one and met the buyer at McDonald's while the kids played. It all worked out great!

I love gadgets. Especially ones that don't cost me anything out of pocket.

1 comment:

Jen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Great pic!