Friday, September 17, 2010

Random Thoughts 9/17/10

  • No volleyball practice this Saturday morning, just in case anybody was planning to join us.
  • Shannon passed her test to become a personal trainer!  Now my side of the bed won't be covered in textbooks, flash cards, and study guides!
  • So much for KU being a "surprise team" this year.  I wonder if the Chiefs can win two in a row?  I think they might.
  • Buying computers is tough.  Right now I need to get a new laptop, I'd like to upgrade my iPhone, and hey, if you're handing them out for free, I'd like an iPad too.  Of course Apple doesn't let you know when devices are about to be upgraded because they don't want to discourage you from buying now, all three of these items might be upgraded.  Most likely is the Macbook laptop, which has been upgraded every fall for several years now, so if I can hold on for another month or two I'll get more bang for my buck.  The iPad is rumored to be upgraded early next year but the iPhone 4 is looking unlikely to be touched for several months despite some possible design flaws.  If you're shopping, use MacRumors Buyer Guide.
  • "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" began tonight with all four boys and me glued to the TV.  We're such nerds.
  • "Castle" and "Chuck" return next week.
  • See a Boeing 787 fly sideways as it lands in extreme crosswinds.  The link also includes a video of an Airbus 320 striking a wing as it does the same maneuver unsuccessfully.
  • How do you hang your iPad securely in front of you while you cook?  By using a $3 plate hanger.  Very clever.

No comments: