Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Thoughts 9/14/10

  • Today is the first day of our volleyball league.  Our church has two teams again this season and I think we'll be pretty good.  Practice is at 10am Saturdays and everyone is invited (we usually don't have enough players for 6 on 6).
  • Can you believe the Chiefs won last night?  It's kind of exciting.  One could almost get his hopes up.
  • The first living recipient of the Medal of Honor since Vietnam was announced recently, Staff Sergeant Salvatore Giunta, for action in Afghanistan.  Another Medal of Honor was announced for Staff Sergeant Robert James Miller, a Green Beret who died in Afghanistan two years ago.
  • Standford Medical School handed out iPads to their students this Fall.  The iPad seems like the perfect tool for a student.  Almost makes you want to matriculate again, huh.
  • In case you missed it, I still have an iPhone 3GS and Radio Shack is off my Christmas card list.
  • My laptop is falling apart fast.  I got it in May, 2006, and it's been fantastic, considering that's it's been used virtually every day for 52 months.  But I noticed (and blogged) in May of '09 that it wasn't holding up as well and I've been seriously talking about replacing it for about a year now.  My goal right now is to buy a new laptop by the end of the year, making this one last four and half years.  This next laptop may very well be my last laptop, if tablet computers evolve like I expect them to over the next few years.
  • I think this is the first "commercial" I've seen for a specific iPad app.  Pretty funny.

No comments: