Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Thoughts 9/23/10

  • It's almost Brennan's 10th birthday.  How crazy is that?  We have a 10 year old!
  • My 10th anniversary at Wyandotte extends over some time (though I've always thought of it as September 1st, which I'll explain).  I interviewed and got hired over the last weeks of August, 2000, and tried to start immediately.  But we were 9 months pregnant with Brennan and living in Joplin, so we stayed home for most of September.  I did a few youth group lessons via speaker phone and might have traveled to KC a couple of times to preach during the August/September time frame.  I don't recall the dates precisely but I do remember getting paid, starting September 1.  When Brennan came at the end of the month, we immediately began going to WCCC every week, staying in people's homes and traveling back to Joplin.  But by this point, I'd already been on the payroll for a month – what a generous first impression that made!
  • "The Office" returns tonight.  Awkwardness commencing in 3…2…1…
  • Mark Mangino, the former football coach at Kansas, has been hired as a consultant at the University of Minnesota.  I just with the guy would get weight-loss surgery.
  • IHOP is suing IHOPThe International House of Pancakes is suing the Kansas City-based church organization International House of Prayer for infringement of their trademark.  Oops.  Why can't we just get along… and have a prayer breakfast?
  • The DVD of HBO's "The Pacific" (think Band of Brothers for WW2 Marines) hits the beaches on November 2.  The history geek in me can't wait (I've already read all the pertinent books).
  • My birthday is coming up on October 4 and I always get asked what I want.  Nothing really; God has really blessed me and there's nothing that I'm especially pining away for.  But if you want to buy a nerd a book, my wish list is at Amazon.

No comments: