Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Random Thoughts 1/11/11

  • Did you notice the date was 1/11/11?  Yeah, I was excited about that too.
  • The Hobbit movies will begin filming in New Zealand next month with several of the actors from the Lord of the Rings movies in tow and Peter Jackson writing and directing.  This is very, very good.
  • How in the world does a crazy murderer get associated with conservative politics?  Because he was crazy?  He was also (reportedly) an atheist, unstable, isolated nut who read Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto.  How is that not a factor?
  • Verizon has the iPhone now!  I'm not looking to switch carriers (I switched from an unhappy experience with Verizon to go to AT&T's iPhone a year and a half ago), but I know a lot of people will and that's awesome.  Part of what made the Android platform popular is that you have choices.  AT&T's exclusivity wasn't helping the iPhone; if you had a problem you were stuck with whatever AT&T gave you.  Now with the iPhone on multiple carriers and other viable smart phone options out there, competition will help good options get better and bad options go away.
  • Social Network came out on Redbox today.  Hmmm… Let's see what all the fuss was about.
  • If I had been gambling on the first round of the NFL playoffs, I would have picked all four of those games wrong.  I would have had the Saints, Eagles, Chiefs, and Colts winning.  It's a good thing I never bet money on football.
  • Speaking of football, there are still two undefeated teams in college football this year.  Fix college football; we want playoffs.  9 out of 10 bowls were meaningless and unwatchable.  And don't worry, Oregon, Cam Newton may still forfeit that game to you down the road someday.
  • Something I like about snowy days:  I wear boots to work, take them off, and walk around the church office in my socks for the day.  I'm not sure why I like that but the thought of it makes me feel cozy.

No comments: