…24-hours later, I'm still not completely there but what I do have is really cool.
- Notifications. This is how notifications should work. I have a lot of apps and get a lot of text messages and this centralized list is absolutely awesome! It's perfect!
- Customized alert sounds. Finally! I've had custom alert tones sitting among my ringtones for over a year and now I can finally use them. When you my mother-in-law leaves me a voice mail, I hear Yoda say, "Hmmm… message from the Dark Side there is."
- iMessage. Very slick. Text messaging on the iPhone is even better now.
- Installation. It took me multiple attempts and a few hours to verify my update with Apple's servers. I know there were 100 million of us trying to do that at the same time, but still, very frustrating.
- Account management. I stayed up to the wee hours of the morning trying to verify how my family can share the apps we've bought but have different iCloud accounts. I think I have the answer but I still don't know because…
- iCloud verification. Like the installation, iCloud will NOT send me the verification email I need to get started. Grrrr…
As soon as I'm fully up and running, I'll get Shannon's iPhone set up and we'll be in business. I just wish the process had gone smoother…