Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random Thoughts 10/18/11

  • Sorry for the lack of blogging lately.  I've been consumed with upgrading our phones to iOS 5 and moving and weddings and all sorts of other stuff.  Busy, busy, busy!
  • Speaking of iOS 5, most of the problems I was having were fixed by doing a complete "restore," reloading everything from scratch.  I wish it had gone smoother but I'm a loyal Apple customer and I'm not going anywhere soon…
  • Holy cow, Missouri.  Stop beating around the bush, if you're going to leave, just leave already!  I can get over that bad news in about five minutes because, like most KU fans, I see rivals in teams like Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina instead of team we're beating 19-5 in the last decade.  That said, I hope they don't.  Mizzou's departure from the conference will be devastating to the Big 12's presence in Kansas City.
  • Do you have an iTunes account for your family through which you purchase apps but you don't want to share the iCloud with your wife and kids?  Then don't!  Have one "family account" for purchasing purposes and then separate iCloud accounts for each family member and their own devices and data.  Read more here.
  • The Jayhawks lost their second and third freshman this week.  Three incoming freshmen, Braeden Anderson, Jamari Traylor, and Ben McLemore are all ineligible to play this year.  Anderson won't be coming to KU at all, while the other two will practice in the second semester and play next year.  All three had unidentified eligibility issues largely stemming from attending multiple high schools and prep academies. 
  • Harold Camping still says the world will end on October 21st.  For real this time.  I'm making plans for this weekend anyhow.

No comments: