Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Random Birthday Thoughts, 10/4/11

  • Today I turn 35.  That's cool.
  • We still don't have internet at home (maybe tomorrow) but a big thank you needs to go out to whoever "Crimmy" and "Zanatta" are for leaving open Wifi networks in the neighborhood.
  • I've hardly blogged at all the last several days or been on Facebook either.  With the move and work and spotty internet access, I've been way too busy to sit down and collect my thoughts.
  • Robin Hood Tanner just gave Eli another dollar for losing a tooth.  I asked Tanner, "You don't have a job.  Where are you getting money?"  Tanner, paused… "You know Mom's purse?"
  • Apple announced the new iOS and iPhones will be coming out in the next week or so.  Though I'm not looking to upgrade phones right now, it all looks very cool but I haven't had the time to sit down and absorb it all.
  • Facebook on your birthday is awesome.  For everyone who secretly wants a parade in their honor for their birthday, this is the next best thing.  Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!
  • I just saw a prototype for the new design of next year's camp t-shirts.  Awesome!!!
  • I'm completely head-over-heals in love with my wife.
  • We're talking about taking the kids to the zoo today but nixed that idea.  We're all so exhausted… walking around the Kansas City Zoo when you're already worn out is NOT a good idea.  Besides, it costs almost $90 just to get a family our size in the gate.
  • Instead, we're cleaning out the garage, unpacking boxes and organizing.  It's not as fun but it's ten times more satisfying.  I'm having a great day.

No comments: