Monday, January 23, 2006

Godspeed Glenn

I went to the funeral today of a preacher I've known for most of my life, Glenn Kailer. Glenn was a genius and a likable eccentric. And though he was only an acquaintance, he was partly responsible for my interest in preaching.

Glenn gave excellent seminars on creationism (as well as writing books and hosting a radio show). He was an intellectual and perfectly analytical but he also had a wit and an optimism that made him much more entertaining than the material would have allowed otherwise. As a student, I was impressed. Here was someone with real intellectual honesty taking a hard look at the facts and being let toward God, not away!

My interest in creation, intelligent design, science and the Bible was propelled by Glenn Kailer. At age 54, he has gone home to be with the Lord.

Godspeed, Glenn, and may the Creator's mysteries be unfolded before you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jared,

I, too, saw a presetation on Creationism by Glenn Kailer and was very impressed!

Your blog about Glenn was warm, kind, honest and a nice eulogy for him! Thank you.