Friday, January 20, 2006

Iron Sharpening Iron

Hey, I just wanted to tell everyone how much I appreciate your comments and critiques. After I've emerged from my under my desk, wiped my tear-stained cheeks, and put the sharp objects away, I find that the tough questions and nitpicks make for a much better blog.

If you find an error (and they are legion), refresh your page because I might be fixing it at that very moment. I try to go over things with a fine toothed comb and I often fix stuff just minutes after it's posted.

And if you think I'm one sequin short of a tiara, just challenge me on it. You won't hurt my feelings (though my wife might hunt you down like a dog). After all, I might have been blogging after midnight (ooh, look at the pretty pixels, they're sooo big) or I might just be wrong. A large part of my confidence is that I'm very conscious of (and humbled by) how my views have matured as I've learned. In fact, I take Socrates' position on wisdom – a wise man is the one who admits his foolishness. I may come off as arrogant sometimes, but it's really more a confidence in the outcome; that objective truth can be known if it's pursued.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see what Anonymous thinks of the latest comments under "Thrown for a Curve", posted January 12th...