Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Most Hole-ly Place, Part 3

I was misquoted!

Channel 5 was at the church this afternoon and I talked at length with the reporter about the damage done to the church and how we were fixing it. There wasn't much of a story here… except that a wedding this weekend was threatened by the damage. I gave her all of the details but the one part that I said "don't quote me on that" is the one piece of information she actually used on air and attributed to "the Pastor." I told her, "I heard the flowers had been washed away or something, but don't quote me on that." She reported, "…But that's not all, the Pastor tells us that the flower shop supplying the flowers has been flooded in the same storm!" Flower shop? Flooded? What? I said don't quote me!

Just watch, I'll get a nasty call from the flower shop/nursery/whatever in question claiming that I'm making up nasty rumors.

On the positive side, the church got a lot of free publicity and Joe S. gave a great interview on TV. The damage to the building is not all that bad, considering that we had a 30 foot hole ripped in our roof. The water is being removed, the valuables are safe, the wall that is damaged is not load-bearing, and we're going to continue our services.

Wednesday Family Night will continue as planned with the meal in the Old Building. The wedding and Sunday services will be at the same time, same place, with no schedule changes that we know of.

No comments: