Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Random Thoughts 6/21/06

  • We were teasing one of my High School camp counselors named Katelyn one night after the campers went to bed. Some people call her Kat and we found a bevy of puns and word plays to torture her with. What do you call it if Katelyn drops trash outside? Kat litter! If she sleeps? Kat nap. If she sees the bet in a poker game? Kat calls. What if Katelyn wants to pay for a ride on the space shuttle? Even if it doesn't explode, isn't that a Kat-astro-fee?
  • Everyone seems to agree that the neatest feature on my new laptop is the built-in micro camera. I had to drag Dustin away from it the other night, as it had really caught his eye. Some people are easily entertained.

  • One thing I like about the little camera is that the default image is reversed and thus shows a mirror image video to the user. I've already brushed my hair and teeth in front of my computer and I could imagine women applying makeup via laptop. Who needs an actual glass mirror to be a hopeless narcissist?
  • 15,000 hits! Thank you for reading so regularly; God bless you. I'll have one more week of camp in July when I won't be able to blog as much. Other than that, it's back to the usual routine, with a possible website makeover later this summer.
  • Isn't it an amazing coincidence that the "amateur Iraqi reporter," who broke the supposed Haditha massacre story, just so happens to have the same last name as the top level terrorist who was killed today? Both guys were named al-Mashhadani. Maybe that's the Arabic equivalent to the name Smith, but what a coincidence! I wonder how the critics and naysayers would react if that reporter turns out to be an Al Qaeda plant? There are a number of holes in that story and the more these inconsistencies come to light, the less airplay the "massacre" gets on the news. They'll probably print the acquittal of these Marines on page 15 and you and I will never hear about it.
  • What will Mark Cuban, owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, say now that the Miami Heat have won? He's already being fined for saying that the NBA is rigged (his language was more colorful). I quit watching the NBA regularly a long time ago, but this was the first season where I did not watch five minutes of a single game.
  • I'm teaching my class tomorrow at Vacation Bible School. Our teachers only teach one day, dressed in a costume and in an elaborately staged classroom. I'll be at the foot of Mt. Sinai cleaning up the mess of those Israelites who worshipped the golden calf instead of following God's commandments. I won't make the kids drink gold though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so let's see some of the other pics that were taken that night-- I wasn't the only one playing with the camera!!

Anonymous said...

That is the best pic of Dustin I have ever seen. It's a good thing that you got his good side. The other eye is harder to look at. He's no male-model that is for sure.

Thumper said...

And he's the good looking one!