Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Post Christmas

We had a blessed Christmas this year and hope that you did as well.

The boys skipped too many naps, received too many toys, and ate too much candy, so they're a bit unruly now but we're bringing that back under control. It's tough to have grandparents and aunts and uncles and Mom and Dad lavish you with gifts and not let it go to your head. We've seen some pretty outrageous behavior the last few days and we've let it be known that it won't fly around here.

We're glad to have spent so much time with our families. It worked out well this year, with a good balance between my family, Shannon's family, time with friends, and time alone. Though we certainly could have jammed in more activity, I don't think I would change anything if we had it to do over again. It was just right.

It might have even been a blessing that Christmas Eve fell on a Sunday. Because we were committed to the church services, it limited how much we could do and broke up our weekend nicely. So we didn't have the chance to over do it with in any one part of our holidays. We never felt worn out and overly ready to just go home.

As for Church though, I'd prefer not having Christmas Eve on a Sunday, if for no other reason than the timing of it all. I'd also like to not have a head cold on a major holiday. This lingering congestion and cloudy fatigue really hit me hard Sunday morning, and became an albatross around my neck as the morning wore on. The sermon was difficult to get through (which was too bad because I felt pretty passionate about this one but didn't have the wherewithal to articulate it that morning) and I ended up leaving Sunday School early for a four hour nap back home. Yuck!

No comments: