Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Door is Ajar

I realized the other day that all of the doors in my world don't seem to close properly. My office door won't latch and neither does my bedroom door at home. Our bathroom door has to be lifted in order to close (one of these days I'll rip the doorknob clean off) and now our front door's latch is catching (but not as badly as the front doors at the East entrance to the church).

Apparently I need to learn how to fix doors. Do you adjust the hinges or move the recessed area where the latch catches (or even the latching mechanism itself)? I really don't know, but I better find out or there won't be a single door I use that closes properly.

1 comment:

Thomas J. Brown said...

My bedroom door doesn't close properly. I first discovered this when my cat opened it in the middle of the night. As it turns out, if you apply enough pressure (not much is needed), the door pops right open.

I told our apartment managers about it, but they were pretty ambivalent.

Good luck with your doors!