Friday, August 17, 2007

Home School Boys

Brennan and Tanner have finished their first week of home schooling of the year (Brennan in 1st grade and Tanner in Kindergarten). Brennan is doing fantastic (as always), but Tanner is doing surprisingly well also. Tanner, who resisted preschool, is already reading simple sentences. I couldn't be more proud of them (and their mother).

We're still reading the Narnia books, probably finishing the second book this next week. The boys read the chapter titles to me and answer questions about new words and the plot. Brennan has begun following along in the text, reading over my shoulder. I don't know why were weren't doing this earlier.

--

Just now Tanner went over the sugar bowl, opened the lid and blew into it. Naturally it exploded in his face, covering his cheeks and nose with sugar granules.

"Tanner! What are you doing."

"Huh, huh, it's all over my face!" he says licking his lips wildly.

No comments: