Monday, August 06, 2007

Shelves are Toolboxes

I was pleasantly surprised when I went to work this morning to find a new set of shelves installed in my office. Kennie and his wife Mary custom-made these shelves for me (sorry for the low-quality pic–I was holding my laptop over my shoulder to use its camera).



Kennie and my dad snuck in to my office Sunday afternoon and installed them. The shelves add 23 feet of adjustable shelving, with an additional 8 foot Formica countertop. I think they're wonderful!

Now I get to rearrange my books from the 68 feet of floor-to-ceiling shelving on the wall behind my desk to include this new shelving. The extra space will help a lot; I previously had books double-shelved, stuffed in my filing cabinet, stacked on my desk and in boxes on the floor. Thanks Kennie!

These books are tools for my growth as a Christian and service as a minister. So having these shelves to better organize them is like getting a new toolbox or tackle box. It's more than just storage, it's organization and preparedness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shelves are beautiful! Kennie & Mary are so kind and generous with their time and talents! Bless their hearts! Enjoy your new "toolbox"!

love,
Mom