Saturday, August 18, 2007

Redneck Church?

I was filing some papers in my office when I came across a list of jokes. One read, "You'll know you're in a Redneck Church if – in a congregation of 500 members, there are only seven last names in the church directory."

My brother, who attends our church, recently announced they were expecting their fourth child. That will make 18 members of our family that are part of the same congregation, including 10 children.

I had to laugh.

Another joke on the same page: "In a Redneck Church… opening day of deer season is an official church holiday." Change that to turkey season and that's about right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husbands thoughts on Turkey season.
"You know your wife is a Redneck if.... on Sunday at church, she asks all the guys but you to take her out next Saturday - not to go dancing, but to go Turkey hunting."