Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Cubemaster

I can now solve a Rubik's cube! I've done it twice. On purpose.

In fact I'm fairly satisfied that a person can't solve it accidentally. It requires a few counter-intuitive moves that I don't think someone would do without knowing that they're necessary. Just playing with the cube will probably only yield solid colors on one or two sides but arranged incorrectly.

I still need my notes to do the second half of the cube, but I'm getting better. A few more times and I should be able to solve a cube, without notes, in a few minutes.

So now I can tick off another of my Life's To Do items:

  • Read The Lord of the Rings? Check.
  • Edit Wikipedia? Check.
  • Watch every episode of Star Trek? Ever? Check.
  • Blog Daily? Check.
  • Solve Rubik's cube? Check!

You don't any get cooler than that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marry a hot redhead and have 4 beautiful boys doesn't even make the list!!!! I am SO offended.

Thumper said...

That's not a complete list…

I left out all of the stuff about Shakespeare and those horseshoe-ring puzzles.