Friday, January 11, 2008

Who's Your Candidate?

Here's the rundown on a quiz I took to match my opinions with 2008 Presidential candidates.

82% Mitt Romney
81% John McCain
81% Fred Thompson
75% Mike Huckabee
71% Tom Tancredo
57% Ron Paul
55% Rudy Giuliani
35% Bill Richardson
31% Hillary Clinton
30% Joe Biden
28% John Edwards
27% Barack Obama
23% Chris Dodd
17% Mike Gravel
15% Dennis Kucinich

2008 Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz

I was surprised at how high McCain matched up with me while I'm exceedingly satisfied with how low Kucinich was. You know you're on the right track if 85% of what you believe about our country differs from Dennis "cut-and-run" Kucinich. The highest Democrat on my list, Richardson, dropped out of the race today. Tancredo, Biden, and Dodd, are also out.

There are a few factors this poll doesn't take into consideration: Leadership ability for starters. I think Giuliani leaps to the front on this factor alone and, frankly, so does Hillary. Executive experience ought to be considered and therefore every Senator and Representative gets knocked down a peg or two while the governors and the mayor go up a bit. Another issue with some of these topics is relevance. For instance, I disagree with Giuliani on several social issues but as President his chief influence on those topics would be in his appointment of judges. Yet I trust Giuliani to appoint the type of judges who would protect my views more than most of the rest of the field. Me voting for the East Coast socially liberal New Yorker – that makes for a counter-intuitive match-up doesn't it?

No comments: