Sunday, January 13, 2008

Throwing Whiskey Bottles

My boys were playing outside this afternoon and soon appeared at the back door with half a bottle of Canadian Club whiskey, the preferred whiskey of 007, Queen Victoria, and Al Capone.

I was a little shocked to see it… but I shouldn't be. My neighbors and their friends sit on their porch and drink most weekends and it's not inconceivable that they would chuck a bottle over the fence. It's also not uncommon to find beer bottles and such thrown in the church yard. So perhaps the thrower was thinking of me. Isn't that sweet? Ahhh!

Either way, I left the whiskey bottle on the counter for Shannon so I could "confront" her with it. We teetotalers have to police the rest of the world, ya' know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya since I'm such a lush. I actually sipped something fermented like what...4 years ago and that was a first in umm...3 or 4 years. Watch out the dog may dig up the rest of my stash buried in the back yard muhuhaaa