Monday, January 14, 2008

Random Thoughts 1/14/07

  • From Snopes.com, here's 12 Steps for Raising Delinquent Children or, as I see it, 12 Steps for Helping Your Kids Fit In With Everyone Else's Kids. Snopes has become the essential internet resource for email forwards and urban legends. If you don't use it, you're missing out.
  • Shannon cut the boys' hair and absolutely buzzed the heads of Brennan and Graham. It's cute but I can tell she doesn't like it – my first clue was Shannon loudly lamenting, "What have I done?! What happened to my babies' hair?! What have I done?!" It makes me a better husband to be tuned in to these subtle clues.
  • Ratatouille (2007) won the Golden Globe for best animated feature film. That's right, they had the Golden Globes. Didn't you miss them? Wasn't there a gaping hole in your entertainment experience this weekend? Nope, me neither.
  • Almost two-thirds of voters (some 61,000 of them) want to see a Patriots-Packers Superbowl. Not that it matters much, the Patriots seem as unstoppable as any football team in recent history. From the beginning of the season, they've appeared destined to win it all uncontested.
  • Shannon's been awfully sick the last 24 hours. It's such a shame to see people not take care of themselves – just kidding. Actually, I'm wondering if I'm not immune thanks to the flu vaccine I tested this last year. This is twice now that Shannon and/or the kids have been sick and vomiting and I didn't get ill. If I'm not immune, the process of going through the flu study was itself the best possible placebo that could have been given to me.

No comments: