Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random Thoughts 5/27/08

  • We have the FAQ about our church's two services on the church blog. We haven't had too many questions or any objections like I thought we might – just a few concerned voices that still seemed supportive. I hope that means we explained things well and prepared the congregation for these kinds of changes. Or maybe the fifth column is just especially quiet… hmm…
  • Shannon and I are at the end of our cell phone contracts. We can't afford to switch to an iPhone yet but we're not sure what direction we ought to go. We received an offer for the Blackberry Pearl from Verizon (the company which has bled us dry been our carrier the last two years) but I'm not sold on all the extra features of a smartphone. I pretty much just make calls and text message. What do you think?
  • My older boys watched the first two Indiana Jones movies this last week. Brennan wants to be a scientist and that character seems to appeal to him, though I think Tanner seems to be the better movie watcher. Tanner (6) is often engrossed in the plot and dialog of a show unlike the other boys – but they're still young. And they all like the action as much as I did when I was a kid.
  • The "springs o' death" (our trampoline) continue to produce injuries daily. It's a good thing we have four of these rug-rats.
  • Speaking of rug-rats, our little pretend dog, Maury, can finally climb down the stairs of the deck into the backyard. This is good because, being only one step tall, he's been trapped on our deck when he goes out to potty. I will never be able to power-wash the deck to my satisfaction after this.
  • Oh, and have I mentioned that KU is in the Sweet 16 again and K-State won a tournament game while Mizzou stayed home. Life is good in the Sunflower state.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure about Verizon, but with Cingular if you get a Blackberry product you have to pay extra for the package that comes with it. The package is what makes it a "smart phone"...because if you don't buy it then the features you can use on your phone are only normal cell phone stuff. You might ask the Mrs. D. She has a blackberry and has to shell out for it. heheh.

Justin D

Anonymous said...

I have the Blackjack II from cingular...and I love it. With the blackjack you don't have to have all the "extra" stuff. i.e. unlimited internet for like $30. The only thing is...if you don't get the unlimited net, you don't get your rebate for the phone...making it $200 instead of $100. I keep all my appointments in my phone, so I don't have to keep and carry a calendar with me at all times. Just my 2 cents on the whole deal.