Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sprint Center

I had the opportunity to go to the Sprint Center last night. My friend, Mike, and I attended the Kansas City Brigade Arena Football game, which was nearly unwatchable. But the venue was
fantastic.

The Sprint Center is a beautiful building and walking around the concourse you view all tall buildings of downtown Kansas City all around you. Parking isn't really a problem, with various parking garages and empty lots all over downtown. The adjacent Power & Light District looks kind of cool but, since it's about 95% bars and nightclubs and is the only place in Kansas City where you can have open containers on the streets, it's likely to be become public intoxication capital of the Midwest.

The Brigade lost 92-52 and it wasn't really that close. The opponents, the Grand Rapids Rampage scored the second most points scored in AFL history.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I knew you two were there. The wife, a couple of friends and me were there as well. If I would have known I could have invited you guys up to the suite we had. It doesn't matter how bad the game is from the suite with free food and drinks.

~Chad

Thumper said...

We were surprised not to run into more people that we know – it's not unusual to see several acquaintances at a local sporting event – and I didn't see anybody familiar. I should have looked up!

Thumper said...

It turns out the Strub family was there too! Who knew?