Sunday, July 26, 2009

Random RedBox Thoughts

  • Redbox DVD rental kiosks are everywhere: Walmart, McDonald's, Walgreens, etc.
  • $1 per day. That's a lot cheaper than the $4.99 pay-per-view on my DirecTV, which is now trying to entice me with a buy two, get one free (still over three bucks per movie).
  • Free rental codes can be had at websites like insideredbox.com.
  • I'm not impressed with greasy, sticky DVD cases. Yuck. I need to stop renting from McDonald's.
  • I also don't care for the limited selection.
  • Is it just me, or are all of the DVD's the bare-bones version with almost no extra features at all?
  • In the end, I still like the cheap, quick rental of a DVD. Redbox (along with Netflix and digital distribution) is going to kill brick-and-mortar stores like Blockbuster.

No comments: