Saturday, July 18, 2009

Random Thoughts 7/18/09

  • 10 things you shouldn't be eating in the car. Not that I ever eat or drink anything in the car!
  • We are having our floors redone in our kitchen and dining room. Our dishwasher died and flooded under our flooring. Now it's being redone, which mean major upheaval for the family. But it will be nice to have new floors; that's the silver lining here, I guess.
  • Weirdest shoe ever. These five-toed sock/shoe thingies simulate barefoot running without the pain of stepping on gravel or sharp objects. Interesting.
  • Everyone should get a free subscription to Imprimis. I've been reading it for almost 10 years now and I often keep a copy or two in the car, just in case I get a chance to read while I'm out. Here's a great article from earlier this year, Mark Steyn on giving away our liberty.
  • District 9 is a new movie from Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings), based on the excellent short film Alive in Joburg. For all you sci-fi geeks out there, this looks fantastic. Here's a movie trailer and a website for District 9.

No comments: