Monday, July 06, 2009

Random Thoughts 7/6/09

  • I sold my car today on Craig's List; I turned my car into a cold hard cash. That's cool. I wonder what else I can sell?
  • Speaking of buying and selling, I believe we're getting increasingly closer to purchasing iPhones. There are a lot of factors and a mountain of research that we're doing, but to my surprise, this may happen sooner rather than later. Yay!
  • The College Basketball Experience at the Sprint Center here in Kansas City was named one of the "5 Great Interactive Museums to Visit this Summer" by Wired magazine. I haven't been there yet but I highly recommend the World War 1 museum at the Liberty Memorial. It's a very high-tech, immersive, multi-media kind of museum.
  • NBC is stupid. The loosely Bible-based drama "Kings" has been really good. Well written, well acted, a modern take on the story of King David (and Saul, Jonathan, Abner, Michel, et al.). Naturally they canceled it. The morons.
  • Well, Jon & Kate will be off the air for a month while the production team regroups. The question is whether audiences will still want to watch Jon & Kate's joint custody?
  • I'm going to work at church camp again next week. Once again, I've got a horribly divided feeling about it all. Part of me can't wait, because I enjoy the work and people. But part of me is dreading the departure from my regular schedule and lack of sleep.

No comments: