Saturday, July 25, 2009

Random Thoughts 7/25/09

  • Have you seen my cute little girl?
  • It's good that "Chuck" is coming back for another season. What a silly, fun show.
  • We're getting ready to leave for Colorado in just over 24 hours. Thank you, Kyle, for house-sitting and watching the dogs for us. Remember, Kyle, no parties and don't let the cat sleep in the bed with/on you. We know you're allergic.
  • Our President's gut reaction is just a bit racist, I think. That's too bad… because tens of millions of people were not very racist when they voted for him.
  • I'm also eager to see the new Stargate show, "Stargate: Universe," on October 2 as well as the second season of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." If I had HBO, I'd watch the upcoming series, "The Pacific," which is a companion series to "Band of Brothers."
  • Another Medal of Honor is going to be awarded (more on that at a later time) but again there was something like a three year delay and, again, it is posthumous.
  • I know the swine flu should be a bigger deal to me… but so far it's kind of underwhelming as "pandemics" go. After all the fuss, a few hundred people have died world wide. Do you how many more people have died of things like malaria. In fact, about the same number of people get struck by lightning each year as die from the swine flu. I hope it doesn't get more serious, but it's going to be difficult for the general population to care much when there's so little impact.
  • The President has continued to slip from his astronomically high approval ratings. Actually, he's tracking worse than Jimmy Carter.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

"Our President's gut reaction is just a bit racist, I think."

Those of us without cable news would like to know what exactly you're referring to here.