Monday, October 19, 2009

Congrats, Hank

Last night I went to a party for my good friend, Hank. Hank is an Elder at our church and is getting married this week.

Everyone is thrilled for Hank and his bride-to-be, Carol. So when I was invited to join Hank and a few friends/family at the local hibachi place (Stix), I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

So I found myself with a dozen guys around a hibachi in a Japanese restaurant for the first time. Several of the guys ordered salmon and a couple of us ordered steak and chicken but not many of us were interested in anything sushi-related. Personally, I was scared to death that everyone in our group would try something more exotic, i.e. Japanese, and I just didn't think that I had the nerve to try it.

In the end, my plate looked like this: lots of fried rice, vegetables, beef and chicken. It was great (and very similar to what I'd get at bd's Mongolian Barbeque).



The hibachi routine is pretty entertaining. Food, knives, and jokes are flying in all directions -- you've not really had a good time until a Japanese guy hits you in the face with a shrimp from across the room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing the pics! Looks like you guys had fun and I'm so happy for you! How wonderful to see our "church guys" enjoying one another! I agree, we're all thrilled for Hank & Carol!!!

love,
Mom

Thumper said...

I love this video. I just missed Eric catching the shrimp on his first try like a pro. But I just love Dan in this video, with his mouth open in anticipation. It's endearing for some reason. I dearly love these guys.