Saturday, October 03, 2009

George Washington Carver would be Proud

I went to the new "Five Guys" restaurant at the Legends with Mike, Kyle, and J today. It was my first time there, and it was pretty good. Great hamburgers, fantastic fries, and peanuts everywhere! There are countless 50-pound bags of peanuts stacked around the store and the fries are cooked in peanut oil.

In fact, the place would be a death trap to someone with peanut allergies. There are even signs not to take peanuts out of the store because of the risk to those who are vulnerable. I'd be afraid to even shake hands with someone who had a peanut allergy after eating at this place. The place is literally wall-to-wall peanuts!

But if you're allergy-free, the food is great. I had a jalapeno cheeseburger (thanks, Mike) and the four of us shared two orders of fries. They give you more french fries than one person could possibly eat. They even have a board stating where today's potatoes came from (Washington state today). As for the peanuts, I don't eat them, but I know a lot of folks who can sit and shell peanuts for as long as the conversation lasts.

Overall, it was affordable and tasty. It's the kind of place I'd take my kids (as long as they don't have peanut allergies!).

2 comments:

Alisa said...

We love the 5 guys by us. Yum!

Anonymous said...

We have a 5 guys at Tiffany Springs . . . it is sooo good! We'll have to take you some time!